CHKC Call for Nominations for the 12th Annual JT Award
The “JT Award” recognizes significant contributions to the Canadian deafblind community by a deserving individual, consumer group or service provider who has demonstrated excellence in at least one of the categories of:
- Awareness to the disability of deafblindness,
- Expansion to available services and programs,
- Involvement of individuals who are deafblind at all levels.
Joyce Thompson was awarded the JuneFest Award of Excellence in 2010. Thereafter, in her honour, the award was re-named the JT Award. Past winners were:
2011 – Jane Sayer
2012 – Elio Riggillo
2013 – Eddy Morton
2014 – Joan Mactavish
2015 – Roxanna Spruyt-Rocks
2016 – Cindy Accardi
2017 – Megan McHugh
2018 – Warren Wakefield
2019 – Stan Monroe
2020 – Walter Wittich
2021 – Bonnie Heath
Past nominees not chosen for the award can be re-nominated.
To nominate another individual or group please contact us and include:
- the category of the nomination,
- how the nominee demonstrates the spirit of the award, and
- Include two letters of support.
The award recipient will be officially recognized in September at CHKC’s AGM, but does not need to be present to win/accept the award.
Please submit nominations by Monday, August 22, 2022 to:
JT Award Selection Committee
c/o Canadian Helen Keller Centre
101-422 Willowdale Avenue
Toronto, ON M2N 5B1
Phone (647) 518-9048